Huggins' Spring Roll Recipe
Here's the recipe for how my family makes spring rolls.
IngredientsThere are must-have ingredients, then many optional ingredients to choose from based on your personal preference.
- Rice paper
- Warm Water
|Protein||Choose at least 1||Tofu, chicken, shrimp|
|Crunchy Vegetables||Choose at least 2||Carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, lettuce, mung bean sprouts|
|Herbs||Choose 1||Basil, mint, cilantro|
|Other||Add as you like||Rice noodles, jalapeno, avocado|
- Collect and prepare your ingredients. This includes choosing your optional ingredients to include, cooking protein, and chopping any vegetables into thin strips. Line up ingredients on a cutting board or cookie sheet for easy access.
- Place warm water into a shallow dish, such as a cake pan or pie dish. Reference the image on this page as an example spread.
- Place one rice paper into the water and let sit for 15-20 seconds until soft.
- Carefully pull the rice paper out of the water and lay it out flat in front of you.
- Leaving about 1 inch open on all sides, place your chosen ingredients onto the bottom third of the rice paper.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper around the fillings until it is covered, then fold in the sides like you would a burrito.
- Roll the rest of the way.
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients
- When finished, serve with a sauce of your liking. My suggested peanut sauce recipe is included in the video shown on this page.
Click the following link to download transcript of the video: Video Transcript
Spread of prepped spring roll incredients: cucumber, carrot, red pepper, lettuce, rice noodles, tofu, and herbs. Each ingredient is sliced in a long, thin sections to fit into the spring roll. In the center is a cake pan filled with water, which will be used to soak the rice paper.